Monday, March 19, 2007

New video walkman presented by SONY

Few days ago Sony presented their new Video MP3 Walkman and I'm curious what this little thing does. As you may see, Sony adapted original design from their old HDD players like Sony NW-A3000 (I'm a proud owner of this) and the main change is in new LCD display and ability to play MPEG4 video.

Playing videos on mobile phones in crap quality (with the need of buying memory card) has become indispensable for life style, but playing vids on the machine primary made for playing music... I dunno if you have but I haven't seen anyone walking on the street listening to music from mp3 player and... ...holding player and watching video-clip simultaneously.

Hint:

Sony says:
"Music is important.... blablabla..... Sony Walkman has sound like anyone else. It's provided by technology called "Clear Audio" filtering right and left channel which ensures fully-natural and not over-bassed bass line with original Sony headphones."

(now time to laugh)

One thing I know for sure is that "over-bassing" is a therm the Sony headphones don't know (and cannot do ofc). Even with the full bass line on the 7-lined-equalizer on my NW-A the bass line is hardly recognizable and during travelling by bus or a car in high speed almost unaudible. Koss Headphones rox.

But who knows, maybe the NW-A808 is one big surprise.

So, A808 for travelling, why not, but otherwise it's waste of money imho. More over with only 8GB flash memory and 8 hours battery life for video... I'll stay with my 20GB "A3000".


No comments: